£35,000 to £38,000
Think Specialist Recruitment is pleased to be working with an international company recruiting for a permanent Regional HR Advisor job opportunity with a focus on employee relations, along with managing projects and generalist HR duties. A household brand on a global basis, they offer excellent career and development opportunities with the HR culture allowing autonomy whilst being highly supportive. Working across a large geographical area, the Regional HR Advisor will be responsible for managing their own workload, visiting various sites across the region and dealing with often serious disciplinary and grievance cases and associated processes.
We are specifically looking for candidates with extensive HR experience, strong employee relations knowledge, experience of handling serious/complex disciplinary issues and the ability to manage their own workload. You must also be in a position to travel across a region with sites including Birmingham, Liverpool, Cambridge, Lincoln and Sheffield.
Salary up to £37,000 + company car + bonus + pension + healthcare
The role includes working with the Business Partner team to develop and drive the HR Strategy for each of the Business Units. Also providing second level guidance and support, including case management, as well as supporting specific units with the accurate and timely processing of information. The key challenges are to fully explore situations in order to provide consistent and accurate advice. Also to balance the workload and prioritise use of time in order to manage the day to day demands of the role, supporting diverse businesses and geographical spread.
Duties to include:
- Regularly advise managers on issues related to disciplinary and employment law, interpretation of all terms and conditions of employment
- Provide guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring that good practice is followed consistently
- Liaise with the relevant OH provider to ensure effective management of long term absence
- Proactively engage with HR and the business with regards to the annual Employee Opinion Survey, the roll out, communication of results and action planning improvements.
- Proactively manage employment tribunals that fall into your area of responsibility.
- Prepare severance authorisation paperwork and ensure all adequate signatories are received before incurring any costs on legal cases/dismissals
- Provide support to the HR Business Partners
- Provide an informative service to the business, responding to requests in a professional and timely manner
- Escalate queries if necessary
- Co-ordinate with external parties such as Legal support, Occupational Health suppliers and responding promptly and building relationships
- Ensure appropriate records are kept
- Manage the monitoring of projects, alongside the Business Partners
- Plan and prioritise flexibly in order to meet the changing needs of the business and the team
- Utilise appropriate HR systems to ensure accurate recording of data
- Support and liaise with HR Admin and payroll to ensure an efficient and timely service is being provided to your customers in relation to payroll issues, onboarding, vetting, and form processing etc.
- Provide ad hoc project support and leadership to meet the annual HR agenda.
- Ad hoc HR Policy updates to meet the changing requirement of the law and the business.
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills/customer focus
- Strong knowledge of ER policies and employment law
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to deal with difficult and sometimes contentious issues
- Must have a full clean UK driving license & be willing to travel extensively
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...
Regional HR Advisor
£34,000 to £37,000
Regional HR Advisor - ER focus
£35,000 to £37,000
Senior HR Advisor
£35,000 to £38,000