St Albans , Hertfordshire
£35,000 to £40,000
Are you an experienced HR Advisor looking for your next challenge?
Would you like to work within a hard-working and driven HR team?
We have an exciting HR Advisor vacancy available working for a fantastic fast-paced business located in St Albans. The role will entail a range of generalist HR responsibilities, alongside some focus on company benefits and Recruitment. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years + experience working at a HR Advisor level and have previously managed ER cases and the recruitment process end-to-end.
You would be working alongside a fantastic team of 5 who are all incredibly friendly, supportive, and have a real positive outlook to every task they undertake. Their mentality is to ‘make it work’ even when things become difficult, and this collective mindset really helps them strive for excellence in everything they do.
Office hours: 9am – 5pm
Salary: £35,000 to - £40,000 + excellent benefits package
Hybrid working offered after candidate has settled into the role. Minimum 3 days in the office. Additionally, some occasional business travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1st point of contact for HR Issues
- Dealing with various HR Queries throughout the business
- Conducting job evaluations.
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding
- Recruitment: preparing job spec and getting approval from Hiring Manager, advertising on the relevant platforms, management of Agency agreements (PSL) and negotiating best rates, shortlisting candidates, arranging interviews, conducting interviews alongside the Hiring Manager, ensuring interview questions are applicable for each role, preparing any necessary tests for interview stages, getting approval to offer, making verbal offer then preparing and sending offer documents, updating recruitment tracker, updating Hiring metrics
- Assisting with Benefits and renewals: Including management of company cars/fleet management
- Regular site visits and attendance at RM offsite meetings
- Twice monthly day out with Peregrine HR Manager
- Payroll preparation
- Utilising the HRIS system to access, input and compile data and ensuring the systems are kept up to date
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Supporting HR Manager with various capability investigations including grievance and disciplinary
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices.
- Advising on issues related to workplace relations and performance management.
- Providing advice and assistance on policies, procedures, legislation, and enterprise agreements.
- Employee Engagement
- Providing HR Support/cover for the HR Team as and when required
- CIPD Level 5 or proven relevant experience as a HR Advisor/HRBP
- Good Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the best practice on recruitment and selection.
- Experience managing ER cases start to finish
- Good knowledge of employment law
- Ability to use a HR information system including, accessing, inputting and compiling data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail
- Beneficial: Experience Managing the TUPE process
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Sophie Ford on 01442 600100 now to discuss this role or register online click...
£35,000 to £40,000
£40,000 to £50,000
£35,000 to £45,000
£35,000 to £38,000
HR Advisor - ER focus
£30,000 to £35,000