£25,000 to £28,000
We are pleased to be recruiting for one of the UK’s leading specialists in their field, our client is looking for a Supply Chain Planner to join their shipping team, helping to manage stock replenishment and logistics
With the candidate performing a Replenishment Planning, Logistics, and Stock Management role which requires an interface between the Sales Force, Suppliers and Shippers in order to master 4 key functions of the Role: Ordering, Logistics, Goods-In Procedure and Allocating.
- Place orders with suppliers from the countries above and liaise with freight forwarders to ensure that those replenishment orders arrive at the specified time in order to fulfill our stock requirements.
- Calculate overseas reserve requirements and liaise with the relevant Brand Manager to ensure that those requirements are communicated to the supplier. Audit these reserves with the supplier at regular intervals.
- By liaising with the Sales Office, manage and communicate any U.K stock allocation which is necessitated by a foreseeable stock shortage - prioritizing our key customers as defined by the Customer Grading System.
- Liaise with logistics partner to ensure they have all the necessary paperwork to allow them to book in and then receipt incoming orders in time to fulfill our stock requirements. Ensure that they are kept informed of the priority standing of incoming shipments.
- Ensure that supplier and freight forwarder invoices are ‘signed-off’ in sufficient time to allow the Accounts Department to pay our suppliers within the specified timeframes.
- Ensure that logistics procedures (freight rates, groupage shipments etc.) for the countries specified above are being realized in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
- Form strong working relationships with our salesforce to ensure that they provide Significant Listing information, then log that information and amend annual forecasts accordingly.
- Undertake special projects to improve the processes and the efficiency of the department as a whole.
Apply For This Job Now
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- High level organisational capacity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise key tasks
- Computer literacy with Microsoft suite, Excel in particular
- Team Player who is able to build strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Adaptable to change and able to accept occasional uncontrollable logistics failures
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Works well under pressure
- Problem solver
- Able to influence others and negotiate a solution
- Self-starter, able to use own initiative
Apply for the Role
Call Ben on 01442 600100 now to discuss this role or register online click...
£23,000 to £25,000
Customer Service Advisor
£20,000 to £25,000
£25,000 to £30,000
Learning & Development Coordinator
£22,000 to £26,000
Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
£27,000 to £32,000