Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£36 to £40
We are working with the UK head office (Hemel Hempstead) of an extremely exciting global business who are at the forefront of their sector; a well-known, modern and futuristic brand known and seen across the UK and worldwide in homes and offices.
This company launched a brand new subscription service which took off last year and has since seen huge growth. As such, they are now looking for a Strategic Business Manager to support them on a temporary basis for an initial 6 month period with a focus on responsibility for the revenue, planning and development of their new service.
We are ideally looking for an individual with proven experience in managing a project/strategy of a product or service, someone with experience of analysing and evaluating in-house and competitor services to increase market share and predict future trends.
Due to the current situation this role will offer the chance to interview and then complete the contract remotely, however, there may eventually be the need to travel to the Head Office in Hemel Hempstead, so please strongly consider that.
This project will require full time commitment, Monday to Friday, with the position being on a temporary basis with weekly pay. The position will be paying somewhere between £36 and £40 per hour (plus holiday pay) for the successful candidate.
Overview of duties:
- Work closely with sales management, central marketing, legal and any other relevant stakeholder to, expand and enhance the proposition (pricing, pages, products, target markets etc)
- Manage all aspects of launch preparation and lifecycle, in co-ordination with local sales management, ensuring that the necessary actions are taken by the team and all launch planning and documentation is complete.
- Set guidance for Point of Sale activation
- Co-ordinate with relevant Business Units in order to keep the subscription proposition coordinated with other products strategy and road map
- Utilising data provided by the sales and market research teams track competitive environment across the European market, understanding current market, future changes in the industry evolution/end user expectation and the implications of these changes on the competitiveness of the companies own proposition (pricing/plans/products)
- Where necessary, create tactical plans to maintain and boost sales reacting to changes in the competitive landscape
- In conjunction with the Product Business Units and when appropriate with local Sales Management, set and monitor the subscription sales targets for Europe and in country, in line with Business Plan expectations
- Ensure simulation models are created and available for to assess the subscription business evolution and performance and using outputs from the models propose developments and actions to the Subscription and senior management team (including the proper page plan design)
- Manage the Business Planning (BP - related to sales revenue) preparation processes as well as cyclical forecasting activities and monthly rolling forecasting, ensuring accuracy and timely process
- Create and share regular and periodic reporting to support business decision making
- Working with European Central Marketing team, ensure timely and appropriate creation and delivery of subscription related marketing materials, including packaging, point-of-sale, communications and promotions
- Work with central PR team to deliver project related content to support PR launch communications and campaigns, as applicable
- Manage the immediate team to drive excellent performance and achievement of team goals
What you need:
- Not essential, but if you had experience managing a project/strategy for a technology/electrical goods company, this would be hugely beneficial.
- Experience and knowledge of a subscription service would also be of great use.
- Commercial minded
- Product / Business Management background
- Life cycle / Road Map management experience
- Project Management
- Strategic thinker with vision to understand trends and provide long term solutions
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, from marketers to engineers, to understand detailed requirements and case by case legal/ EU markets constraints
- Evidence of development of value proposition in an evolving market
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to all internal and external stakeholders
- Capacity to integrate own activities into wider project management streams (both in waterfall and agile approaches)
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Numerate, excellent attention to detail, analytical and accurate
- Excellent knowledge of MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
We are actively recruiting for this role and looking to book online interviews next week, with a view to getting started in the role the following week, so apply now! But please don't hesitate to call myself on 01442-531-161 and speak with Bobby.
Apply For This Job Now
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.