Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£ to £22,000
We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join a small but successful team based in Hemel Hempstead. The right candidate must be passionate about finance, confident, numerate and have excellent attention to detail.
This role requires the use of SAP, Excel and Word
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Sort incoming Finance mail.
- Review cheques for correct date, signature and amount.
- Obtain account numbers and allocate the receipt to the correct account and invoice.
- Notify the customer in writing where discount has been taken in error.
- Notify the customer by letter (and if necessary, by telephone) of any under/over payments.
- Total the cheques and enter them into the paying-in book and batch spreadsheet.
- Identify bank and currency by abbreviation.
- Enter remittances in the Accounts Receivable ledger and always keep text up to date.
- File the remittances in date order.
- Make a note on the Aged Debt Report to indicate those invoices that have been cleared.
- Complete computer 'run' to take customers off stop.
- Check the Hold file to release orders for customers previously on stop.
- Telephone customers with overdue balances.
- Liaise with Sales Representatives about overdue accounts.
- Contact customers where counter sale receipts differ from invoices.
- Where differences arise, a query form must be completed and sent. Reconciling items must be scheduled and chased weekly.
- Allocate Self-Bill receipts in the usual way, taking care that the correct currency is used.
- Generate spreadsheet for customers to make payment.
- Send out Reminder and Final Reminder letters to customers and Sales Representatives.
- Ensure all correspondence is approved by the Assistant Finance Manager and that important items are signed by him or her.
- Finance experience
- Numerate and accurate
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literate, Intermediate Excel
- Excellent telephone manner
- Target driven
- A keen team player
- Time management
If you are interested then please do get in touch right away, submit your application or to hear more info please give Bobby a call on 01442-531-161.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Apply For This Job Now
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.