£20,000 to £25,000
We are recruiting for a Payroll Assistant, If you are good with numbers, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and reputable company based in Tring.
The right candidate must have payroll experience and be a keen team player with good timekeeping, have the ability to meet strict deadlines, be organised with a logical and methodical approach as well as working well under pressure.
- Create and analyse management reports to assist with reconciliations within each week and month.
- Provide management and accounts department with all relevant payroll information.
- Demonstrate understanding and usage of the company procedures, the reasons for them and their importance.
- Represent the company by own behaviours in line with the delivery of world-class standards.
- Ensure all company software is up to date at all times.
- Constantly seek ways to enhance efficiency, reduce cost and devise new opportunities to achieve the overall objectives.
- Manage the integration and day-to-day running of the pension scheme, liaising with the provider where necessary, ensuring we are compliant with governing rules and regulations.
- Compare monies received on bank statements to invoices raised within company software.
- Manage the year end process including P11, P60 and holiday pay processes, ensuring adherence to company and industry regulatory deadlines.
- Ensure all bank statements are run every morning.
- Ensure all activities adhere to the customer service guarantee set by management and industry set regulatory deadlines.
- Liaise with HMRC regarding queries, deadlines, payments and reconciliations.
- Remain up to date with industry knowledge and the implications on the business, including key deadline dates, communicating them to the rest of the business.
- Responsible for payroll processes, setting up new starters, processing leavers, statutory payments, coding notices, pensions allocations and childcare payments.
- Work as a collaborative member of the team – facilitate the sharing of knowledge and best practice to the wider team.
- Work in partnership with other specialists and operations to add value to business area.
- Maintain responsibility for own performance and that of the payroll team through continual development of skills and knowledge.
- Effectively communicate across multiple departments including working with senior management to ensure all key deadlines are met, including changes to minimum wage, pensions and holiday pay.
- Payroll experience.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadline
- Organised, logical and methodical approach.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Busy periods may require longer working hours.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Knowledge of PAYE is advantageous.
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll.
- Experience using computerised payroll software, such as Pegasus, can be beneficial.
- Discretion! Administrators handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.
Apply For This Job Now