Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£17,000 to £18,000
We are recruiting for a Receptionist/Patient Liaison Officer to join a small and welcoming team based in Hemel Hempstead. We are looking for a friendly and patient candidate who can multitask and cope well under pressure as this is a varied role. You will need to have good communication and listening skills as you will have face to face contact with patients, some of whom attend with language interpreters. You will also be making appointments according to their recommended treatment plans for medical procedures and various consultants in person and over the phone.
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Update database accordingly when patients have entered the building.
- Advise patients of any known delays in consultation times and/or testing times.
- Point out any patient notices to keep patients informed.
- Deal with any patient queries relating to facilities or services provided
- Ensure visitor book is completed and guest passes are allocated and returned.
- Direct each call to the appropriate person/department.
- Deal with patient queries where possible to do so.
- Take messages if people/departments are unavailable.
- Take details of any special requests from patients, for example, a private room for treatment/testing/meals.
- Arrange treatment plans.
- Ensuring patient literature held in and around Reception is displayed and re-stocked when necessary.
- Creating medical note files for all new patients and printing ‘patient identifier labels’ for the file.
- Registering all new patients on the datdabase and updating where appropriate.
- Sending out new patient forms to all new patients in advance of their first appointment (to be emailed where possible) including confirmation of first appointment time and date.
- Sending out a vaccination pack and consent forms for new patients upon request.
- Regularly updating database – patients new address/contact details, data cleanse etc.
- Ensuring all staff complete the register on entry and exit and holiday/absence is noted.
- Very good spoken and written English language skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Willingness and ability to communicate clearly with all members of staff, patients and visitors.
- Very good organisation skills.
- Participating in service development/reviews
- Maintaining all paper and electronic records in accordance with policies.
- Ensuring that resources are appropriately and efficiently utilised within the service.
- Being able to manage a daily work allocation allowing for flexibility to support team members should situations change.
- Maintaining inter-professional partnerships with colleagues.
- Maintaining accurate and legible records.
- Maintaining a safe and friendly environment and acting in a professional manner at all times.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent and temporary recruitment with areas of expertise including; administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.
Apply For This Job Now