Slough area, Berkshire
£40,000 to £42,000
We are pleased to be working with a global company to recruit a Senior Payroller for their UK headquarters based on the outskirts of Slough. Working as part of a small, close-knit payroll team that is responsible for paying 1000s of monthly paid staff. We are seeking candidates with extensive payroll knowledge that has experience of processing pay for a high volume of staff. Along with strong payroll experience and high levels of accuracy, you must also have a friendly character and be a true team player.
Duties to include:
- Ensure all payroll processing activities via the Payroll system are carried out to ensure all 3500 to 4000 (approx) employees are paid accurately each month and to agreed deadlines.
- Assist in answering employee queries over the phone and via email.
- Update ERP system with Attachment of Earnings Orders, P45s, Loan agreement forms, timesheets etc.
- Undertake checks to verify accuracy of payroll data to minimise errors and comply with all statutory requirements.
- Monitor and advise employees on Maternity Leave, answering any queries or concerns employees may have.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all payroll related control accounts in accordance with company and statutory requirements. Liaise with Finance team to resolve any variances.
- Ensure statutory month and year and requirements for HMRC are achieved along with Payroll advisor & Payroll Manager, including RTI submissions (FPS, EPS, EYU).
- To maintain and monitor SSP records on a monthly basis to provide accurate data in accordance with statutory requirements for the HMRC and employees.
- Be responsible for adhering to all current security procedures to ensure the safekeeping of all company and customer details and property.
- Process third party payments to HMRC, Pensions, etc in keeping with individual deadlines.
- Ensure Auto Enrolment processes are timely and accurate
- Be responsible for adhering to all statutory and company regulations outlined in the Health & Safety policy
- Support the Payroll Manager with the implementation of initiatives and directives.
- Performs other duties which the Payroll Manager may reasonably request at any time and be able to step up in absence of the Payroll Manager.
Apply For This Job Now
- CIPP or equivalent experience
- Full knowledge of statutory payroll procedures.
- Ability to identify weakness in current processes and implement necessary changes to maximize the teams potential.
- Appreciation of need for discretion and confidentiality.
- Intermediate level in MS Excel and Word.
- In depth knowledge of Taxation, NI, SSP, SMP and SPP to an intermediate/advanced level.
- Ability to proactively engage others within the team.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate competent level of risk analysis and propose/implement solutions.
- Able to work in a team environment and be cross-functional with peers.
- Can do attitude and great problem solving capabilities with the ability to pick up new tasks and software quickly. A strong ability to multitask in a busy environment
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...
Accounts Receivables/Credit Manager
£40,000 to £50,000
Costing & Profit Improvement Manager
£45,000 to £50,000
£24,000 to £25,000
Customer Queries Agent
£20,000 to £22,000
Customs Team Supervisor
£30,000 to £34,000
Financial Reporting Business Partner
£50,000 to £55,000