£28,000 to £32,000
Are you a competent HR Assistant or experienced Senior HR Administrator looking to progress your career? Do you want to work in a role that will develop into an HR Manager opportunity in the coming years? We are working with the European office of an international company to recruit an HR Assistant to support the existing HR Manager and eventually take over their role when they retire in a few years’ time. A varied role within a small, close-knit department that offers a fantastic opportunity for career progression!
Overview of duties:
- Proactively contribute and provide support to HR Manager with the development and maintenance of human resources policies and procedures
- Act as the first point of contact for all levels, responding to HR/employment issues and to include providing general advice to employees
- Take responsibility for updating the HR database and personnel record files in a timely manner to ensure that all information is effectively maintained and is up-to-date
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and induction administrative processes
- Prepare all new starter documentation, including liaison with relevant departments and, when required, initiate induction programmes
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Company’s training records and arranging, where appropriate, training courses
- Provide support with administration of investigations for disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Administrate migration records in line with Home Office requirements.
- Support People & Performance Management processes
- Assist with organising Corporate Hospitality arrangements
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the HR & Administration Department
- Work with sensitive HR information and issues you will also need to display a full appreciation of the need for discretion and complete confidentiality at all times.
- CIPD level 5 or studying towards would be desirable
- Experience at HR Assistant/Senior HR Administrator level or above
- Strong, generalist HR experience
- Must be at ease interfacing with all levels
- Able to adapt to different cultures and nationalities
- Able to build appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees and line managers
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills will be essential
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Great attention to details
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support
Apply For This Job Now