Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Think Specialist Recruitment are pleased to be working with a market leading, international organisation based within the Hemel Hempstead area. Having experienced a period of change and growth following acquisition, this is a great opportunity for a newly qualified ACCA/ACA Accountant to join a close-knit team at an exciting time for the Company. Alongside a competitive salary and great benefits, there is also opportunity to gain valuable experience within the department, with progression available.
We are specifically looking for a recently qualified candidate coming straight from Practice or from a Practice background with 12-24 months' of commercial experience.
Overview of duties:
- Be principal point of contact for internal and external stakeholders for all matters relating to Statutory Audit.
- Preparation and review of Overhead accounts and business partnering including assisting in budgeting/forecasting
- To ensure the accuracy of all financial records, and prepare the period end accounts
- To act as principle contact for external and internal audit and tax
- Preparation of the VAT return for review by Tax Manager
- To ensure compliance with all controls and maintain a culture of continual improvement with a focus on data integrity and efficiency.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for some key accounts as well as review of other balance sheet reconciliations
- To proactively provide all internal customers with analysis and support, with a focus on exceeding budget.
- To proactively support the business departments and colleagues with finance issues.
- Development of effective reports and analysis to ensure accurate measurement against performance KPIs.
- To provide information for the completion of budgets and forecasts, and to provide insights against these based on performance.
- Proactively review and work within company policies, standard operating procedures, company and legislative updates to ensure you are working in line with best practice and business risk is minimised
- Work in line with best practice and proactively minimise business risk including overseeing and communicating the review and updating of relevant company policies, standard operating procedures and legislative updates
- Input into cash-flow forecasting and assistance with Treasury
Apply For This Job Now
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Recently qualified moving from Practice into commerce or a candidate who has moved from Practice in the last 1-2 years
- A clear understanding of IFRS
- Deadline driven
- Ability to influence other team members to hit deadlines
- Experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent communicator across all mediums and levels of stakeholder
- Experienced with MS office, with advanced excel skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A motivated self-starter
- Able to work alone efficiently and without detailed guidance
- Strong time management skills
- Passionate about exceeding expectations
- Inquisitive and diligent