Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Buyer to join an international and leading supplier in their industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to be apart of a unique organisation based in Hemel Hempstead that provide leading design and project management services.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years purchasing experience
- Analyse and interrogate MRP requisitions daily taking necessary actions to satisfy demand by a variety of methods to suit business needs across all product categories including indirect, i.e. waste, consumables
- Optimise levels of stockholding and inventory investment to minimise inventory losses due to deterioration, obsolescence and other causes
- Manage supplier day to day liaison and report areas of concern or excellence Build and maintain partnerships with the supply chain overseas and in the UK, maintaining effective and regular communication
- Work with strategic managers to explore new supply options
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Strategic Managers ensuring that all aspects of supply, inventory and policy are discussed and agreed
- Work closely to support internal customers and design engineers to source new and existing products to satisfy end customer expectation
- Attend meetings internally and externally to represent department and company
- Undertake special tasks and projects as directed
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a purchasing or manufacturing environment
- Ability to utilise effective negation and persuasion skills
- Knowledge of warehouse processes and inventory management
- Familiarity with production parts and supplier manufacturing processes
- Ability to interpret technical drawings would be desirable
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of working and developing MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a small team and with staff at all levels and with partner organisations, suppliers and clients
- Be receptive to fast moving, challenging and rapidly changing and expanding operations.
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and mature manner.
- Ability to multi-task and constantly reappraise timescales and priorities
- Self-motivated, able to show initiative and develop creative solutions
Confident and personable
- Committed to high professional standards
Apply For This Job Now
- Ability to be flexible with working hours to respond to the needs of the business