Think Specialist Recruitment is pleased to be partnering with a global logistics business to recruit an Operations Manager to be based out of their Liverpool service centre. With a fantastic culture and excellent scope for progression, we are looking for candidates with previous logistics/warehouse management experience. Providing leadership and motivation to staff, you will drive a specific area of operation within the Service Centre ensuring service; productivity; quality; security and cost targets are met and standard procedures are followed.
Offering a salary up to £27,165 + bonuses + benefits
Please make a note of the shift pattern before applying: Monday to Friday, 12.30pm - 9.30pm.
Duties to include:
- Ensuring that the highest performance levels are provided to the country as well as the international network.
- Assuming direct responsibility for a team of Service Centre employees and be responsible for the management and control of the operations at Service Centre level.
- Overseeing around 30-40 couriers, administration and supervisory staff
- Delivering the KPI performance in your operational area, with specific focus on service, process, productivity and compliance
- Ensuring that the team is provided with clear performance standards and is staffed, coached, trained and motivated to meet set targets.
- Utilising company reporting tools daily to monitor performance at both team and individual level and take appropriate action to address non-conformance / under achievement.
- Performing the Appraisal process for all team members within the agreed timeframes to manage individual performance and job satisfaction.
- Assisting the Service Centre Manager in the recruitment of new staff.
- Providing leadership and support to teams and be highly visible within the Service Centre
- Developing a culture of respect, and responsibility; team working and customer care.
- Ensuring that daily operational targets are met and take immediate actions to reverse identified areas of under-performance.
- Supporting the effective implementation and deployment of Regional and Country projects, programs and initiatives within the Service Centre.
- Promoting an excellent service to all stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with company Security policies and procedures; H&S and Environmental Legislation; and DfT/VOSA requirements.
- Managing the operational cost drivers to ensure P&L and cost targets are achieved.
- Ensuring pick up, delivery and shipment processing services are executed in line with service, quality, productivity and cost performance standards and targets.
- Within financial guidelines, plan, monitor, negotiate and control expenditure on areas such as overtime, sub- contracting, suppliers, Service Providers and fleet maintenance.
- Ensuring resource is managed in line with their projected operational requirements.
- Previous management/supervisory experience from within a logistics/warehousing operation
- Excellent operational process knowledge
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Strong personal influencing and consultative skills
- Project management skills
- Good analytical and commercial awareness
- Self motivated with good judgment and decision making qualities
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of UK DFT Security & Health & Safety processes and regulations.
We are looking to recruit for this role ASAP - please apply now and we will be in touch with shortlisted candidates shortly.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...
Client Service Advisors - Immediate start
£8 to £9
Head of Customer Services
£55,000 to £65,000