£35,000 to £45,000
Think Specialist Recruitment has registered a fantastic opportunity to join a global market leading business as a Process Engineer, with excellent scope for progression, training and career development! Working across the UK operations for a household brand, this is an exciting chance for somebody with some previous process improvement/analysis experience or a graduate with an analytical degree, with the desire to forge a career within a large international business. We have opportunities based in the Heathrow area and M4/M1 corridor - flexible on location of candidate with travel involved across this region.
It is important that candidates have strong analytical skills, the ability to manage projects and a process driven approach. Working in an operations capacity, the role has a focus on process improvement, project management, process analysis and process re-engineering. For candidates with experience this will ideally have come from a manufacturing, production, warehouse/distribution, operations or 3PL background.
Overview of duties:
- Ensuring smooth migrations through timely implementation, appropriate information and training of users to enable faultless transition in terms of business performance.
- Execute projects to improve and harmonise processes leading to a common way of working with clearly measured effort.
- Implement productivity improvements to all areas of operational activity according to European and country requirements.
- Optimising the tools, methods and techniques employed in operational facilities and implementing strategies to ensure market-leading performance from the operation.
- Lead and deliver change to processes and new sites, ensuring the change management curve is successfully achieved and that targets are delivered.
- Understanding where the Operation needs to move towards in improving costs and productivity of current and future processes
- Manage relationships with external suppliers such as systems integrators and solution providers.
- Lead Operations Review sessions
- Assessing processes for their relevance, and assessing the adequacy of engineering equipment;
- Reviewing existing data to see if more research and information need to be collated
- Applying the principles of time and motion studies to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts;
- Assessing the availability of resource and the safety and environmental impact of the changes in an operational environment;
- Managing the cost and time constraints of projects;
- Supporting the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations;
- Assuming responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of both company staff and the wider community;
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- Ensure business is using the best tools and techniques to allow our operation to be competitive
- Implement the use of scientific/mathematical models to optimize the 'time and motion’ improvements in processes and productivity
- University education or equivalent high degree of understanding (preferably engineering or Maths related degree).
- Process improvement/analysis experience from work or degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Some process engineering and 'time & motion’ expertise
- Good financial acumen
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Strong communicator both written and oral
Apply For This Job Now
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...
£20,000 to £25,000
Client Service Advisors - Immediate start
£8 to £9