Hemel Hempstead , Hertfordshire
£30,000 to £35,000
Do you have experience of managing employee relations cases? Would you like to work in a busy role where every day is different? Do you have the capability to manage multiple ER cases day to day?
We are recruiting for a permanent HR Advisor role for an organisation that supports the NHS and ensures hospitals are fully staffed to support patients across the UK. The role is heavily ER focused and will involve effectively managing a wide variety of sometimes complex cases across NHS trusts. The role is hybrid based in Hemel Hempstead.
On top of a salary of £30,000 to £35,000 is a fantastic benefits package including 27 days holiday (+bank holidays), an enhanced pension and career progression.
- Provide advice on the application of and adherence to all statutory and contractual HR legislation, policies and procedures.
- Support the HR Manager in analysing complex HR casework relating to disciplinary action, grievances, assessing and recommending action to ensure effective resolution.
- Organise, schedule and participate in investigation meetings, disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings.
- Support the Governance team and Line Managers to prepare for investigations, hearings, appeals and ensure that the documents are robust and appropriate
- Provide support and guidance for panel member/s of hearings (including appeals) ensuring adherence to procedure. This will include attending and chairing meetings.
- Support Employment Tribunal claims, including preparing ET1 etc and liaison with Legal advisors.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Contribute to the development of organisational policies and procedures relating to employment law
- Undertake research to keep updated of and interpret employment legislation, developing and implementing Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Assist employees with Occupational Health support and assessing reasonable adjustments
- Work closely with HR Assistants, providing support with employee relations administration.
- Lead in projects agreed by the HR management team to improve the delivery of service.
- Produce comprehensive factual investigation reports and drafts appropriate response and outcome letters
- Provide and run training on Employee Relations related issues including classroom training, coaching and bespoke one to one sessions depending on the needs of a manager and the Client Relations Team.
- Maintain HR database systems and produce reports to support business activity as and when required.
- Work with HR Projects team to manage change management and TUPE projects providing advice and support in line with legislation and policies.
- Manages portfolio of DBS cases and presents cases file to the Risk Assessment Panel at weekly meetings.
- Identify and manage complex cases that require formal action that may require disciplinary hearing and referral to relevant statutory bodies
- Previous experience in a HR capacity
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards
- Good knowledge of UK employment law
- Experience of conducting disciplinary and grievance processes
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Sophie Ford on 01442 600100 now to discuss this role or register online click...
£19,000 to £22,000
£35,000 to £40,000
£35,000 to £45,000
£38,000 to £42,000
HR and Payroll Administrator
£19,000 to £22,000