Heathrow area, Greater London
£55,000 to £60,000
We are working with a house-hold name and market leading, international business to recruit their Head of LineHaul & Network to be based from their head office in the Heathrow area and strategically manage, develop and improve UK linehaul and transport operations. The role will be responsible for driving change and cost reductions while maintaining the highest levels of productivity, efficiency, service and compliance to Network process, legal regulations and policies.
We are looking for a candidate with strong operational experience within a transport capacity – either from within a domestic/international carrier, retail distribution or 3PL business. Fantastic man management skills from within a senior management role are a must, along with strong budget management ability and the skills to drive change and continuous improvement.
Duties to include:-
- Provide functional strategic direction, leadership and expertise to Transport Operations
- Budget holder for the P&L of linehaul and network operations
- Provide distribution services to all products in the UK.
- Provide linehaul transport services to the UK sort hub network.
- Define, implement and initiate follow up action (identified from standard local reporting) on quality, service and cost KPIs
- Compliance with WTD, Ministry of Transport Health & Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies
- Managing Sub-contracted Linehaul Services
- Build, lead and guide a team to meet strategic targets and align team with the business goals.
- Set team direction and standards
- Ensure manpower and resources within Linehaul are optimised to ensure that target levels of productivity and performance are achieved and sustained within cost parameters.
- Identify options and implement approved actions to optimise service and cost performance
- Ensure that the team is provided with clear direction and performance standards and is staffed, trained and motivated to meet set targets
- Support the staff onward performance appraisal process and career development within the company
- Set targets and KPIs for direct reports
- Plan training and development in line with evolving regulatory and business needs
- Define optimal performance capability and standardise, where practicable, operational facilities
- Develop resource productivity management, tools and initiatives to operating unit level, that drive continual productivity and quality performance improvement
- Maintain inventory and visible usage and capacity of operational facilities, equipment, consumable and other supplies, working closely with Field Operations to maximize productivity for the end user.
- Lead the development and design of engineering standards and techniques.
- Manage development of operational standards and benchmarks for facility, equipment and resource utilization.
- Senior management experience preferably from within labour intensive
- Operations experience in a transport capacity – domestic/international carrier, retail distribution or 3PL – would be desirable
- Experience of setting strategic business policy and targets
- Proven experience in Operations and Logistics or similar
- Control of budget and cost centre.
- Building and leading teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analysis and decision making
- Business acumen.
- Knowledge of Transport related legislation
If you are interested in this job opportunity and have the relevant skills, experience and qualification to be considered, please apply for this role ASAP or contact Chris Jones at Think Specialist Recruitment for a confidential discussion regarding the role and your job search.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Keywords: transport, transport management, logistics, 3PL, Head of UK Transport, Head of Control Tower, change management, budget management, UK Linehaul.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...