£50,000 to £60,000
Think Specialist Recruitment has registered a permanent Supply Chain Leader job opportunity working for an international company with a fantastic culture and working environment, along with great salary and benefits. Our client is a highly successful, global business with their UK headquarters based in Hatfield, looking to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Leader to join their team to lead the end to end supply chain activities and policies to deliver inventory against customer forecasts, ensuring high levels of customer service is achieved across the key segments of the customer portfolio.
We are seeking candidates with a strong supply chain and logistics background, plus experience within a multinational business (ideally FMCG or similar).
- Leading the UK’s supply chain/stock control/sales order planning/order fulfilment processes to effectively deliver the required results at local and regional level.
- Responsible for ensuring the UK inventory is being managed within the agreed inventory policies ensuring action is taken to minimise inventory write offs.
- Ensuring the budgeted stock turns are achieved according Global expectations
- Highlighting excess inventory to the Commercial team to ensure stock is sold through before going short dated
- Conducting Supply Chain tasks and activities targeting to strong Customer service improvement contributing to Global result as 95%+
- Ensuring the communication links between the UK and Global Supply Planning Centre are working effectively to enhance the overall supply service levels.
- Managing communication links between UK and Local 3rd party are working effectively to ensure stock is delivered against the planned delivery dates
- Carrying out Quarterly Reviews with Key local 3rd Party Suppliers.
- Working closely with EMEA’s Regional Supply Chain to continuously improve processes and implement best practices.
- Leading the sales forecast process in connection with the Commercial team to improve forecast accuracy focusing on the key products that drive the UK’s business.
- Escalating to Global Supply Planning Centre when market opportunities arise to ensure the UK business can capitalise.
- Establishing strong relationship with key Customers to develop new initiatives to drive win-win solutions.
- Ensuring all new products are launched on time to the planned dates
- Ensuring operational costs are in line with yearly budget
- Responsible for leading and developing staff within the supply chain department.
- Responsible for ensuring the monthly Supply Chain reports are actioned on time
- Contributing to UK flexibility project to drive inventory reduction and customer service improvement
- In-depth knowledge of core supply chain processes, demand and supply planning, forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), inventory management, procurement, logistics and distribution
- Understanding of the impact of supply chain decisions have on customer requirements
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience with supply chains, ideally in an international company (ideally Pharmaceutical or FMCG)
- Knowledge of resource planning systems (SAP would be advantageous but not essential)
- Proficiency in MS-Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Good command of written and spoken business English
- Willingness to travel regularly (5-10%)
If you have previous supply chain experience and would like to work for an international business that has fantastic staff retention, please apply for this role via Think Specialist Recruitment.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy & finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Chris now to discuss this role or register online click...
£20,000 to £23,000
Business/Office Manager - join the team!
Credit Risk Analyst
£35,000 to £40,000
Customer Service/Sales Office Manager
£35,000 to £40,000
Ecommerce Development Specialist
£40,000 to £45,000
Graduate/Trainee Recruitment Consultant
£20,000 to £30,000