Colnbrook , Berkshire
£40,000 to £45,000
We are pleased to be partnering with a well-known brand and global market leader to recruit a permanent HR Advisor to provide support to the employees at their head office on the outskirts of Slough. Although a generalist role, there is a focus on employee relations for a base of circa 300 head office staff - absence and performance management, disciplinary and grievance processes - along with the scope to influence the business strategy and support in a generalist HR capacity. Working closely with the senior management team and line managers, this position plays a key role within their head office operations and offers lots of autonomy to the post holder.
We are specifically looking for candidates with extensive HR experience, strong employee relations knowledge, experience of handling performance/absence management and disciplinary issues, the ability to manage a varied and busy workload, and excellent influencing skills.
Salary circa £40,000 to £45,000 + bonus + benefits. Hybrid working 50% office based and 50% working from home. Candidates MUST be able to commute to the office 2-3 days per week.
- Coach line managers in order to ensure employees are managed effectively & consistently
- Work closely and partner with key stakeholders on department or regional HR priorities
- Provide an informative service to the business, responding to requests in a professional and timely manner
- Co-ordinate with external parties such as Legal support, Occupational Health suppliers and responding promptly and building relationships
- Manage the monitoring of projects, alongside the HR management team
- Interface with other HR teams to on projects and initiatives
- Plan and prioritise flexibly in order to meet the changing needs of the business and the team
- Regularly advise managers on issues related to employee relations and employment law
- Provide guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring that good practice is followed consistently
- Liaise with the relevant OH provider to ensure effective management of absence
- Proactively engage with HR and the business with regards to the annual Employee Opinion Survey, the roll out, communication of results and action planning improvements.
- Proactively manage employment tribunals that fall into your area of responsibility.
- Utilise appropriate HR systems to ensure accurate recording of data
- Liaise with Management regarding skill gaps and training needs for line managers
- Create, monitor and deliver ER related training on a regular basis
- Propose, plan and implement service improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Prepare severance authorisation paperwork and ensure all adequate signatories are received before incurring any costs on legal cases/dismissals
- Support and liaise with HR Admin and payroll to ensure an efficient and timely service is being provided to your customers in relation to payroll issues, onboarding, vetting, and form processing etc.
- Provide ad hoc project support and leadership to meet the annual HR agenda.
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills/customer focus
- Strong knowledge of ER policies and employment law
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to commute to Slough HQ 2-3 times each week
Think Human Resources is the HR division of Think Specialist Recruitment, an independently owned recruitment business. The HR division is responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and contract roles within the field of Human Resources including; HR Administrator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Head of HR, Employee Relations, talent, internal recruitment, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits/Reward and Recognition.
Apply For This Job Now
Apply for the Role
Call Chris on 01442 600100 now to discuss this role or register online click...
Head of Reward & Recognition
£20,000 to £22,000
£20,000 to £23,000
HR Administrator - Reward & Recognition
£24,000 to £27,000
£35,000 to £38,000
£35,000 to £38,000